1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.
Please Support STM Tuned

gsxitement's Eclipse GSX

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  1. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    I dont think he knew it never came with it. We are trying to sort it out and see if something works out and can make it have a radial and spherical upper mount,

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
    gsxitement likes this.
  2. GSXbooster

GSXbooster Proven Member

Joined Jun 3, 2003
    Centennial, Colorado
    I'm sorry I thought this was Jesse's build journal...
    Let's try again.
    Hey GSXitement (not Bobby), have you ever used any other kind of suspension for your race car for your time trials?

My DSM:
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Road Race Build

T25   manual
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

Road Race Build

370.9 whp   343.8 lb/ft
  3. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Lol im only commenting as he reached out to me for help, i guess i shall keep it to myself next time

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  4. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York

The KSports I have in the car now never had the coaxial mount. And every suspension I looked at besides the DG setup doesn't have them. So when I opened the box and saw they didn't have them, I reached out to Bobby for advice. He's been a huge help in getting the cars setup dialed in. I appreciate everything he does for these cars to make them get through corners well. So, I'm looking into getting the conical mounts asap.

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH
  5. GSXbooster

GSXbooster Proven Member

Joined Jun 3, 2003
    Centennial, Colorado
    Feal 441, JIC FLT-A2, AMR and DG style Konis (like you mentioned) are the ones I've been looking/comparing. I used to have some old Tein Super Streets on my old GSX. (Never competed in that car like you do.)
    But I could shift the weight in a fun and dramatic under steering pig manner.
    I appreciate your response! Just shooting the breeze with you is all.

My DSM:
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Road Race Build

T25   manual
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

Road Race Build

370.9 whp   343.8 lb/ft
    gsxitement likes this.
  6. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York
    The setup on the car, I actually went to heavier Swift springs cause the KSport springs rotted and were junk at that point. I went with 16K front and 14K rear with this setup. I emailed KSport about putting the coaxial mounts on. We'll see what they say.

My DSM:

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH
    GSXbooster likes this.
  7. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York
    So, just got done sending emails back and forth with KSport. They said the shock should only be moving up and down. I guess we're gonna be re-engineering some stuff. No biggie. We'll make it better than what it is. And then show them. Lol

My DSM:

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH
  8. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York
    Got the coilovers in yesterday. Did a little experiment. I have video but it's too big to load on here. But I did take some pics. Working on ways to make the suspension better. Lowered the car an inch. Didn't align the car as I was beat by the time we got it done. Definitely should be interesting next season.

Yes. You read that right. Next season.

The last race for us is Lime Rock on October 6th. That's a week before my wife's due with our first baby. So, after some discussion, we decided against going to LRP. There's no chance to get the championship. So it'd be better to be home just in case baby comes early.

So that's the season. I'm happy that it seems that when the car cooperates, we win. So hopefully next season we can straight out and return to this. Screenshot_20180916-000043~2.png

My DSM:

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH
    95eclipser likes this.
  9. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York
    Not too many updates. Cleaned the garage up a bit. Got the car in there. Since we're not going back out till next season, I figured I'll put the old girl in the garage so she can spend winter in somewhat warmth/covered. Still going to get a new car cover, wash/detail the car really well. Got some issues/upgrades to work out over winter, so I'll take a look at that stuff in between diaper changes LOL. But for now....pics. IMG_20180920_222729_019.jpg IMG_20180920_214742_443.jpg IMG_20180921_115424_677.jpg

My DSM:

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH
    talon77 and ec17pse like this.
  10. streetraceboi

streetraceboi Proven Member

Joined Sep 4, 2002
    San Antonio, Texas
    Random question because ive got some old Ksports like yours with one being "blown". Have you ever rebuilt yours? Maybe I missed a post L O L

11. gsxitement

gsxitement Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2002
    staten island, New York

No. I got a quote from Feal to rebuild them, but the cost was about equal to new set of coilovers so I just got new ones.

My DSM:

11.930 @ 119.000 MPH