The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

98 gsx stock. Need some help with questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris' 98 GSX

Probationary Member
May 13, 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
From Boston MA, I picked up a 98 gsx last summer and im wondering if theres anyone in the new england area who could help me out with questions i have.
Im looking to pick up a bigger/ louder BOV, what would you guys recommend???

from what I've read the Apexi and Blitz SS BOVs seem to be the loudest, but they don't return back to the intake which means you'll run a rich A/F ratio.

Some BOVs do have return kits to fix this, but will of course, decrease the sound. another way to get around this issue is to run a speed density setup that can account for the atmospheric BOV.

Oh, and, throwing on a K&N filter will improve the sound of your BOV vs a stock air filter.

Thanks a lot Sirbow2! I've also heard that the Greddy type R BOV is also pretty loud. what are your thoughts on it?

from the thread i was reading, people said that was a pretty good one too, but not quite as loud. They all sound different, so find some people with these bovs you're thinking about buying, or buy them and try them out yourself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back