The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

92 lazer AWD Trans parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckrobin

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2013
Conway, Arkansas
Hey everyone,

As you can see I am new here. I am kinda in the market for a 1G TSi for a driver/autocross car.

I have found a few cars in my searching that need Syncros and this seems to be somewhat common. I can not however find any syncros or to be honest really even what transmission to expect to be in it. I have found rebuild guides on this site and my brother has rebuilt a few transmissions so I have no doubts we can do the job if I can find a reliable source of parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I find what I want in my price range I will be back to tell you more about it:)

1. What transmission is in a 92 AWD? Can I even determine that without the car or is there more than one option ? It is a 5 speed car. (I think I have answered this now but would still like verification and have still yet to see it referred to as anything but a DSM 5 speed.) What is it called please? Is it the W5MG1?

2. Where can I find internal parts for them? Hours of searching found an answer.

Ahhh Finally. I found something. Perhaps when one of the mods gets a chance they can add this to the DSM Parts catalog :thumb:

DSM Selection – Jacks Transmissions LLC That might save the next guy several hours of searching.

Still looking for verification on which transmission it is but I think I found it.

Last edited:
It's a KW5M33-2-XXXX, for short. The W5MG1 is found in the 1G 3000GT and Stealth AWD models.

You need to know the XXXX to get the correct parts for your transmission. Those four letters can be found on the transmission in the location shown here, just below the head and thermostat housing: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/152368965-post9.html.

From 1989.03.1 Up to 1990.06.1 : P/N -- MD995573 ... W5M33-2-NPZS
From 1990.06.2 Up to 1994.02.3 : P/N -- MD995651 ... W5M33-2-NPXV

Sweet thanks. That is what I was looking for.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back