The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 90 GST Hatch Wing Removal Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

311oneG

Proven Member
Dec 14, 2018
Spanish Fork, Utah
Hey! I've tried to search around but haven't been able to find much information. So pardon my noobness with DSM's if I missed a thread out there.

Basically I drug this car out of a neighbors backyard where it sat for 8 or so years. I've stripped most of the car down to replace parts the PO's kids smashed or broke.

One of the things I've noticed is that on the hatch, the passenger side of the wing is loose. I can lift it up slightly and it looks like the right 2 mount points are not in their mount.

So here's my question...

Should I try to remove it and remount it correctly? If I take it off do I run the risk of breaking parts that are now impossible to find? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Edit:

I found this thread..
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-install-a-spoiler-on-a-1g.240574/

My question still remains, if I try to remove it, will I break irreplaceable parts or should I just leave it loose until I can find the parts.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back