The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

50 shot Nitrous on 57 trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadeTreeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Got a 90 GSX. 57 trim, DNP tubular manifold w/ 40mm tial, 3" full exhaust, Rebuilt stock motor, bored .020 over, ARP everything, cometic head gasket. walbro 255, FIC 880 cc's, and Aeromotive FPR.

getting it tuned in a few weeks and wanted a little quicker spool up time since its a street car. was thinking 50 shot. thing is i have the ZEX dry kit, dont know if that would be smart to do. should i get the fuel & nitrous solenoid from a NOS wet kit and just use that ?

or should i not even use NOS at all..:confused:

tell me what you all think

I have a 57 trim and used my NOS kit for the same thing, If you run a 35 shot (by NOS's jetting guide) you will increase spool greatly! The only reason i don't have mine on still is my bottle is out of date andi need it hydrotested before the shop will fill it

I have a 57 trim and used my NOS kit for the same thing, If you run a 35 shot (by NOS's jetting guide) you will increase spool greatly! The only reason i don't have mine on still is my bottle is out of date andi need it hydrotested before the shop will fill it

nice, ill probably do something like that then

Did you guys use a dry shot and if so what size of jet (like you said) did you use and any fuel enrichenment??? I am thinking of the same thing, a little shot and was wanting to do a dry shot. Thanks for any comments.

A zex 50 shot is rated at crank. So it is comparable to a NOS brand 40 shot. Dry is fine if u have the ecu adding fuel. If not I would do a smaller dry shot and see what the AFR is under spray with no fuel added.

Thanks thats what I was needing to know. Inject right before the thottle body?

A dry shot can be injected anwhere. Before TB or even before turbo. I would do before turbo to get the full chilling affect and one less chance for a boost leak.

Wise thinking....hate boost leaks. Glad I only have 4 couplers!!! Thanks for your advice!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back