1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

420A 420A turbo vacuum line problem 1psi boost

Posted by Hunteremerson17, Oct 10, 2018

Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Hunteremerson17

Hunteremerson17 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 10, 2018
    Liberty, Kentucky
    Could this be the reason why it’s so hard on gas? Like 20mpg tops... plus I run 93 in it and it’s like $3.08 atm

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    Did the aftermarket regulator look like this?
    4bznu4h.jpg

3. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Definitely could be. The key to making these cars run well is stamping out all the little leaks and such.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  4. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    since you have a star turbo kit on your car, i dug up the install guide for it. Again you need the FMU (after market regulator) installed to run any boost on your engine. any amount of boost is adding more air to the mixture and without the FMU there is no extra fuel being added to compensate. You will run extremely lean and destroy your motor.
    If you don't wanna run a FMU you need to get something like a megasquirt and larger injectors, then have it tuned before you boost.

star_stg2.jpg star_inst_page1.jpg star_inst_page2.jpg star_inst_page3.jpg

silvreclips likes this.
  5. Hunteremerson17

Joined Oct 10, 2018
    Liberty, Kentucky

Yes, finally got around to putting it back on, now it runs absolutely perfect and building 6psi of boost on a 3lb spring in the wastegate! Thanks for the help, I really needed it!!

6. Hunteremerson17

Joined Oct 10, 2018
    Liberty, Kentucky

Thanks for the directions, I put the aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on it and it runs absolutely perfect and building 6psi of boost on a 3lb spring in the wastegate! Thanks for helping man!

Vegas smith likes this.