The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Sunroof Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrawnyB

Probationary Member
May 25, 2011
Central, Pennsylvania
Hi everyone,

First post here, and I've been reading around some.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't have that much experience working on cars, and this is a relatively new experience for me.

I currently have a silver 1998 Eclipse RS, which is in decent shape with some minor mechanical and body issues, which I'm trying to work through and give this car some TLC.

The first of many things that I would like to do is replace my sunroof. I bought a replacement OEM sunroof because my existing sunroof has broken tracks. I realized today after receiving the replacement sunroof that the existing sunroof was NOT OEM, but rather some aftermarket brand, for which I cannot find replacement parts.

First off, I was wondering what some of you think would be the best step to take next.

Would it be best to have a professional try to fit the OEM sunroof to my existing roof? If so, does anyone know someone they would recommend for this job, for a reasonable price (preferably somewhere in the area that spans from Pittsburgh to Altoona)?

Or should I get the proper roof for this sunroof and have it professionally installed? (I'm currently researching cost for this option).

Or would it be better to just go back to a stock roof (which I would need to buy), and sell the glass from my existing sunroof and return/sell my replacement OEM sunroof?

I personally would like to install the OEM sunroof, if the cost is right.

Any input is welcome, especially on cost estimates for each potential solution.

Thanks in advance!

I would see if a professional could make the OEM sunroof fit since you've already bought it and all. I live in NC and the people i take my car too would probubly do it for no more then 100$. But thats just them.

This thread is old as hell, but I have no idea how to start a new thread LOL just started this, but I was planning to do the sunroof delete but go a step further, pop top like the supra, I was going to find an eclipse with no sunroof and fashion a top myself, anyone have any experience doing this to the eclipse?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back