1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G ***NEW PRODUCT*** Quaife rack and pinion AKA Quickrack, W/Optional EPS kits (ACTIVE)

Posted by ec17pse, Dec 4, 2018

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    So i asked someone local who knows alot more about this kind of stuff, he ssid in theory yes this will work, it might make heat in the coil though so he is not sure how good the idea is, he did say about some cars have a city button for easy of parking so it might be a way to have a 3way switch and a resister to lower the volts in 1 position and then full power on another.

The better way he mentioned was to just turn it off when not needed, its simple and easier to wire/work out. So when parking or slow speed driving turn the switch on then maybe when on the highway flip the switch to off, the steering will just revert back i to manual mode and still work without any assistance, he made s good point about keeping it simple.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. T2Small

T2Small Proven Member

Joined Dec 22, 2003
    Victoria,
    Depending on the actual EPS controller used, the correct way to vary assist would be to feed it the correct CAN signals - mostly wheel speed and engine RPM.

1997 Eagle Talon TSi

Autocross Build

433 whp   352 lb/ft
  3. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Yeah normally if its something that can be adapted to but not all work this way on other cars its not intended for from what i read, some people are greater at hacking the control boxes and some apparently dont even adjust without the cars stock ecu so its hard to do anything but basic features. Nowadays it is everytbing tied into the main ecu, even things like steering which once used to be seperate now makes it alot harder to custom for other cars to use.

Just got to do it the best we can with what we got currently,

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    we are nearly at the half way point! Can we make it to the 30 to get these into production?? this WILL be the ONLY chance to get these going, if it fails to make the 30 min order it wont be looked at again and we loose the opportunity to get newer more modern items for steering that is as bolt on as it gets for us.

please feel free to let anyone know who may be interested and send them to the forum to read all about it.

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
    Boomdeeze likes this.
  5. josh408

josh408 Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Put me down for 1 Bobby. I'll send the payment when/if we reach our 30

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

11.935 @ 118.24 MPH
  6. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    I cannot add you till you are paid and confirm dude, its the same as everyone is doing, if we dont make it then everyone gets a full refund so no loss.

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  7. Boomdeeze

Boomdeeze Proven Member

Joined Jul 5, 2009
    Independence, Minnesota
    Lets fill this up guys, we won't get another opportunity at this! Just think, you will have a 1 in 30 kit so if you were to ever sell it you will likely make money!

The process is what scares some people away so it's bound to sell if ever needed.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

10.793 @ 128.98 MPH
  8. miguelmcv

miguelmcv Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Bobby put me in for the complete kit including the assist