The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G adjustable tubular rear lower lateral and trailing arms (Closed)!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not really no, im waiting for the tube to come in and should be in this week as i got some of it in but the rest is back ordered, the laser cutters is getting my bits cut this week also,

So for now you can have these pics, i started booting the rodends and getting them put together while i have some time to do these.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Small update folks,

Got all the lateral metal in and started to get the inner side done, so they chopped off and now scolloped for the housing, i decided to use the notching method like this as i find its super nice finish over doing it on a belt sander so it may take a bit more time but its more satisfying to me.

The brackets are on for tomorrow or early next week, metal came in yesterday and i went and saw them and it is in, its also the next job on the table so thats good news.

Enjoy the pics, not many but something for you

Hey everyone, small update because of a metal issue im having,

my original material of metric 20mm OD cannot be had currently because cause of some weird shortage of this specific size! so I have had to get an imperial size which brings it to 20.6mm OD but the wall is a tad thicker! while this keeps the strength it does add a small bit of weight for the extra material thickness! its not in yet to confirm exactly but from a small offcut its going to work out to add 1 OZ of weight! so instead of the trailing arm weighing 1.8 LBS it is likely to weigh in at around 1.9 LBS!

sorry for this, they told me thursday and I tried friday to get it from another supplier but no luck! everything else is still the same though so thought I would let you know of the material difference as if anyone weights it it will show slightly different ( different batch's of metal always differ slightly anyway )

whats up everyone!!!

Laser cut brackets are now in so i will get on those this week and clean them up and get them folded, Im folding these myself because i have more control over the bending on these smaller brackets then my other ones I have done, so it was just easier if I do the folding and I can make a jig up with locates everyone to be equal.

Shipping boxes and internal packing i ordered and should be here this week also,

Still awaiting on that last bit of metal aswel but I have plenty of other things to get on with until that arrives.

Thanks Everyone

Let me know if a spot frees up for the complete kit. I'm rarely on this forum anymore, sucks when I miss stuff like this..

^X2... I'm in for a set also if they become available.

I will add you all to the list for the next batch,

Thanks for liking my parts though, hopefully i can get you in for next time

@eclipsegsx1736

It would be awesome if you could get back on here and update your build thread. See what you have been doing with your gsx!

Thanks,

Let me know if a spot frees up for the complete kit. I'm rarely on this forum anymore, sucks when I miss stuff like this..

Stayed late last night at work and came back again today to get some more progress done! I am nearly there now to stsrt welding them up!

All the brackets are now cleaned and bent! I gave a little clearance in the bracket as i tested prothanes and oem bushes and both vary between the 2 and 2 of my prothanes also differ between them 2 aswel?? Not sure why as they the same bush but i gave it a tad of gap to slip on nicer and the gap will be taken out when its clamped down anyway so its just an easier install type thing i did.

Im still awaiting news on this tube from them but i think we may have some sitting around at work as we use it sometimes and will check monday and how much i do have! Until then i got plenty of welding to do on the laterals.

Here are a few pics of the process on the brackets for now.

Thanks for all of the pictures of the progress, Bobby. It's cool to see all of the steps/work that goes into the parts :thumb:
Its not a problem at all, its a way to show they are being done and im active plus i know alot of folks like this kinda stuff.

I started welding the lower laterals afterwork today, i only got a few done but im back at it tomorrow and friday after work aswel,

Update on the trailing metal tube!!! So they dont have any at all in the country! BUT!!! I did find some at work and i have just enough to do this batch! This is the slightly thicker stuff though, but i will re look at this for the next batch and plan way ahead for the metal, not sure why its not in the country though as its a common stock size?

Either way its ok for this batch so YAY.

Little update time folks to let you know where i am and whats happeneing over the Holidays.

Im nearly completly done all the metal work and as you see i have been welding the laterals up,

The process has taken a tag longer then i planned but im learning times and such for each batch but i always do try my best to make my timings and seng out to you all!

I wont make the powder coaters before christmas as they close early next week so i plan to have them all done over the Holidays and off to get coated early in the new year! And a plan to have them back, cleaned and assembled and shipped in feb! Sooner the better for you guys of course but as always keep track here for updates etc.

I would have been at them last weekend but i had a few issues come up that stopped me! 1 was my MC was leaking on its banjo bolt for some reason! This was on my yearly inspection so i had to go and fix that to pass and then i got snowed in the following day which sucked! Then this week i got ill with some kind of man flu thing and i have not been doing full days at work so thats delayed me all in all but next week i hope to be back at them in the evenings!

Other then that everything else like packing and such is in ready.

Hello all, hope you all had a great Christmas! Update time!!!

My flu illness turned into a sinus infection and i was off work for a week and only managed to do 2 days with great difficulty! Light was killing my eyes so welding was a no go as it caused sinus aches in my temples, but currently feeling almost good but i am at least able to weld now and with that i managed to get all of the trailing arms done and complete and also im over half way with the lateral arms, so i just have the last remaining ones to finish up and then i can take them to the coaters when they are back!

So progress is being made yay.

Are you planning to make any extra kits after the initial orders? I want a set but not right at the moment. Also interested in your upper control arms too!
No on the extras, i place my order for hardware and everything based on numbers only, no more or less, sometimes it might be 1 spare or someone drops out but its rare, i only plan to do another round of bumpsteer kits inbetween these now and front uppers and ive been asked frequently for them again,

I will put your name down for the front uppers, so keep an eye out for the info for them

Awww man. But these are hot items, people will want them even after. Like me :) please make them and stock them. Please LOL

No on the extras, i place my order for hardware and everything based on numbers only, no more or less, sometimes it might be 1 spare or someone drops out but its rare, i only plan to do another round of bumpsteer kits inbetween these now and front uppers and ive been asked frequently for them again,

I will put your name down for the front uppers, so keep an eye out for the info for them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back