The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

20G with crazy manifold/WG/02

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCFWDDSM

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2005
Concord, North_Carolina
I purchased a rebuilt OEM 20g. It had the internal wastegate removed so went to my local DSM junkyard and found this manifold, 02 and WG. Im not sure if this is usable as it goes from 2 bolt to 4 bolt on the wg. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Alex

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This reminds me of something...

Can't find the original meme I had, but you get the idea.

Basically someone hacked that together, which may explain why the car was at the junkyard.

It looks like they "welded" the 2 bolt to the 4 bolt flange, as well as some other hacking for the recirc tube. Honestly, I'd scrap it. With alot of efffort and some time/tools you could probably make it work... Or just search the classifieds for a new manifold/wg setup, or see if a freelancer/ local lwelder could help you sort what you have already. Money would be better spent for a proper setup imho.

@JusMX141 may have some parts, or maybe @Archer Fabrications @bastarddsm might be able to help you out.

It happens:idontknow:

If you are looking for something proper T3 or even stock TD05 Flanged check out our website! We also offer the FP cast manifold for stock fitting setups

Www.ArcherFabrications.com

Thanks for the referral @tametalon92 !

Last edited:
Any ideas on how to make this work?
Throw away everything but the turbo and start over with a ported stock 2G manifold and an o2 housing-mounted gate or a cast manifold with the wastegate provision if the turbo currently has the wastegate welded.

That is making my eyes bleed. Look at those welds, laying some dimes LOL. Scrap that thing and do it right. I wouldn't trust that to work properly.

Well im on a budget. I cant afford those hot parts. I listed the 20g with everything else on ebay. I will have to get an internally gated turbo. 16g should do for now. Just trying to get my 99 gst running so I can sell it.

I have 95 talon tsi (running great, 400-425hp) and a 99gst with a fresh 6 bolt (not quite done but close) Will be selling both.
Member since 05 and can't use classifieds!

I had one of those obx manifolds years ago with my hx40 bolted to it. It held up fine but leaked on the head flange and the nuts behind the middle runners were a bi*** to get on. As stated I would just get a stock 2g manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back