The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g turbo swap transmission issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECLIPSE10358

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2012
Keyser, West_Virginia
!992 eagle talon NA with the turbo swap done. I dropped the engine in the car and the rear engine mount wont bolt up. the new turbo tranny is hitting the subframe. I looked up part number on the rear mounts and they all seem to be the same for the fwd. Anyone have this problem before. Do i have to change the bracket that bolts from the rear of the block to the rear engine mount. it seems like i need a longer one. I searched through the threads but cant seem to find any info on this problem.

Im swapping out the NA fwd transmission with the F5M33 turbo fwd transmission. Im using the turbo transmission mount but i am using the same rear mount

yes the rear engine mount. its very close and i can almost get a bolt in it but again it is hitting the subframe. and why do you have to change the starter. i know the starter plate but i knew nothing about the starter

No starter plate, not starter, redo what you did it should drop it again in never changed my mounts when I did mine, now im awd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back