The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G NT Throttle Body Shaft Seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes, I'm using a t-bolt clamp. I'm confident the coupler I have is the correct size. It's pretty tight getting it on there. Are there any tricks like using hairspray (?) or anything? Maybe even putting some RTV in there? (I admit, this sounds a bit extreme.)

I'm pretty sure I posted this info somewhere before, but can not find a link to it . . . The turbo shaft seals will fit into a 1G N/T throttle body if the recess they press into is bored out just a touch deeper. I can (or anyone else who has access to a torn apart turbo throttle body) get the exact numbers if needed, but in general the recess needs to be just a touch deeper than the thickness of the shaft seal.

As for sealing a coupler to the throttle body, I've just used a t-bolt clamp and can hold 25 psi all day long, so there may be something else going on with that setup that is causing it not to seal.

Double #7's held the best so far. They didn't start leaking until 20 lbs. I'm ordering the turbo seals now. (Btw, Mach V only charged $1.90 for shipping!!! Thanks for the link!)

On another note, I'm also getting a little leaking from the coupler. I've tried grinding off the little tabs, allowing the coupler to slide on a little farther, but it didn't help enough. Do you guys have any ideas to get that to seal any better?

ordered them :hellyeah:

Update

I installed the turbo throttle body shaft seals and they didn't leak at 30 psi. They were a pain in the ass to install, but once installed, work great. To get them in, I pulled the shaft out, forced the seals in, and the slid the shaft back through.

Thanks for the help guys.

I usually use the good quality o rings and take the old seal, strip all the rubber off it, and tap it back in to hold the o ring in. Works every time.

I have an NT throttle body with turbo seals. I had it done by this guy: Rebuilt Throttle Body Core Service 90$ - DSM Classifieds

I haven't done much with it since and it is off again, but I did have it mounted, running, and BLT-ed. It held boost up to 15-20 psi. I don't know what he did with it. I just asked him to add shaft seals to it.
Do you know anyone else doing throttle body rebuilds? I can’t find. Anyone to rebuild mine with correct seals

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back