The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice cooling upgrades! Those spal paddle fans are pretty impressive, no room for one in my junk.
I'm using the egr for fan control as well. It's gotta be my favorite feature of link. Much better than a Thermo switch since you have speed, rpm and tps parameters.

Last edited:
Nice cooling upgrades! Those spal paddle fans are pretty impressive, no room for one in my junk.
I'm using the egr for fan control as well. It's gotta be my favorite feature of link. Much better than a Thermo switch since you have speed, rpm and tps parameters.
I did some measuring before the purchases and bought the biggest fans I felt I could fit. Everything turned out perfectly. Do you have any advice on speed parameters? Do you turn your fans off after certain speeds? Thanks.

I just played with it at speed to see at what point the fan was reducing temp slower than the air naturally flowing through it. For me it was about 40 mph.

I'm in a similar boat. I've had my car since 2000 and replaced and upgraded many parts on the car as well as repainted it. Since then it's been sitting for nearly 10 years. Other cars have come and gone but the Talon still remains. After serious consideration of selling it i'm now in the process of bringing it back from being mothballed.
well i feel better now ...i was embarrassed to say my 91 TSI has been sitting for 10 yrs also ...I have 2 of them and now have the itch back and have been picking at it a bite at a time ...all torn down and getting the front suspension back together

Hmm, could you go into a little more detail on that? I'm not sure what to look for.

Kinda hard to put in words, just play with the speed it turns off at until you find the point that temps rise without it running. For example, if you have it shut off at 20mph and coolant temp still rises above that speed, raise shut off speed higher. Basically you wanna find the speed at which enough air is flowing through the rad on it's own without fans and have them shut off around there.
That's what worked for me at least.

Kinda hard to put in words, just play with the speed it turns off at until you find the point that temps rise without it running. For example, if you have it shut off at 20mph and coolant temp still rises above that speed, raise shut off speed higher. Basically you wanna find the speed at which enough air is flowing through the rad on it's own without fans and have them shut off around there.
That's what worked for me at least.
OK, gotcha. Thanks.

I like your squirrel and your cat......very cool :p

Nice thread Vegas.

My white wing fell and got ran over so I took this opportunity to get a more appropriate-colored wing on the car. The black wing looks much better.

DSC_0963.JPG
DSC_0965.JPG
DSC_0967.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG

Looks good Vegas! My first DSM was a 92 6/4 Laser AWD, should never of sold it LOL but it seen too many Canadian winters that's what drove me to fly to Florida to get the pig I have now. Great thread btw!

Decided to reward myself for Christmas and get a carbon fiber hood. My old hood was really beat up and would have taken a lot of work just to get it respectable. I wound up getting the Seibon 1GB hood for $514 shipped to my door. Not too bad, eh? It weighed in at about 20lbs with my stock hood being about 40lbs.

It scared the hell out of me to cut into this thing for the Aerocatch hood pins put it worked out perfectly in the end. I had the assistance of my father-in-law who is really good at this type of stuff. Bolted right on and I got rid of the stock hood latch that was damaged as well. Therefore, I dropped 20lbs, got a brand new, awesome-looking hood, and I got rid of the messed up latch system that has been burdening me since I bought this car.
DSC_0890.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_0990.JPG
DSC_0991.JPG
DSC_0992.JPG
DSC_0993.JPG
DSC_0994.JPG
DSC_0995.JPG
DSC_0996.JPG
DSC_0997.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG

I found mine (same one OP bought) direct off Seibon through their eBay store for $445 shipped. Keep an eye out on there as they sometimes put old inventory up.
I think im going to have to LOL I was looking at the fiberglass from franks but by the time I had it shipped it was about $500 LOL

I think im going to have to LOL I was looking at the fiberglass from franks but by the time I had it shipped it was about $500 LOL
I can find the eBay store if you'd like. I tried to buy through Frank's but I could never get a hold of them. I literally left 4 voicemails and multiple emails over multiple months and never once heard back.

Last edited:
I can find the eBay store if you'd like. i tried to buy through Frank's but I could never get a hold of them. I literally left 4 voicemails and multiple emails or multiple months and never once heard back.

I got an email back from them when I originally started to look. but that has been a while. yea if you could send me a link id appreciate that.

Dude,

Your poor beat up old hood. Tsk tsk.
Nice ride, btw. After I throw a few more speed holes in the hood Ill take you on at the track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back