The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally I have my coveted RPF1s! I have been obsessed with these wheels for a while. 17x9 +35 in the back and +45 in the front. You have to trim the rear arms a bit to clear the wheels. I got a great deal on those and the Zestino 245/40/17 tires too. It helps to have connected friends. @GSX_TC1

I took it to Track time Performance in Houston. They do a lot of high hp cars in Houston. They said my car was the nicest car they ever had in their shop including some Porsche GT3s, Skylines and big million dollar cars. Well, they didn't exactly say that. Well, they didn't say that all actually. Anyways, got my alignment squared away...this car is really starting to shine.

DSC_0792.JPG
DSC_0793.JPG
DSC_0794.JPG
DSC_0795.JPG
DSC_0796.JPG
DSC_0797.JPG
DSC_0798.JPG
DSC_0799.JPG
DSC_0800.JPG
DSC_0801.JPG
DSC_0880.JPG
DSC_0881.JPG
DSC_0885.JPG
DSC_0886.JPG
DSC_0887.JPG
DSC_0774.JPG
DSC_0888.JPG
DSC_0889.JPG

Crazy what a legit set of wheels will do for the overall look of the car. I barely even noticed the faded paint, peeling clear coat and white spoiler LOL

For real though, the car looks awesome. RPF1s are great wheels, and look right at home on the 1G. Keep up the good work.

I want those wheels so bad, everyone up here is asking 1200-1500 for a set though :/

Looks awesome, as Brett said it completely changes the car and I also missed that white spoiler until he mentioned it LOL

Crazy what a legit set of wheels will do for the overall look of the car. I barely even noticed the faded paint, peeling clear coat and white spoiler LOL

For real though, the car looks awesome. RPF1s are great wheels, and look right at home on the 1G. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, it really does help the car a lot. I'm actually quite happy with how the car looks even with all the flaws.

Whats the actual tread with on those tires? do they stick out in the front at all? How much clearance to the coil over spring?
I don't know the actual thread width. I can try and measure them and see. There is very little clearance with the coilovers. Maybe 1/2"-3/4".

Very curious to see how those fit up front. What are your alignment specs, and do you have any tire poking past the fender?

To me, the fitment is perfect. I've eyed multiple historical 1gs (cars that are no longer around or from years ago) and it was clear that a staggered set was the way to go. +45 in the rear and it sits in wheel well too much and doesn't look great. +35 in the front and it sticks out a little too far.

Do you think a +50 could go on front and get them all the way under the fender? Right now I'm running some 16x7.5 +32 with some really really wide 225's (they measure wider than some 245's!) and it looks good in the back, and it sticks out in the front. I just scored some +45's for the front. So I'm anxious to see how they fit.

as for tread with, just measure across with a tape measure. I know how hard it is to judge the edges, so maybe snap a pic and let the audience judge? Thanks! Car is starting to look pretty good man!

I'll measure the tires and see what I find. I'm not sure about the +50 question. This is the first set of nice wheel I've ever owned so I don't know a whole lot of wheel sizing. My old DSMs had small, thin wheels. My cars only looked nice out of pure coincidence back then. I had no idea at all about wheel sizing. Thanks for the complement on the car. It's crazy how throwing money at the car actually works some times to make it nicer.

Looks like your car begin to have a lots of potential.
I think that i'm jealous of your build.
Really like the way your car turns since the beginning.
The rpf1 are bad ass and the stance of your wheel is top notch! Maybe with a new paint...;)
And do you like your zestino tire?

What do you mean? The paint is perfect....

I don't have any opinion on the tires as I don't know a lot about tires in general. They are VERY heavy though....

I was having ignition/spark issues where I felt like I was getting spark blowout. I figured I would throw some parts at it buy a dynatek arc-2. I got one for a great deal and got it installed pretty quickly. I was inspired by a few tuners members who claimed it improved their idle and throttle response. It did not fix my spark issue though. What happened was I switched from bpr7es to br8es plugs gapped at 0.028. I thought I had the br7es plugs in there in the first place but was surprised when I pulled them out. There car is running really well with a perfect idle right now. I have had zero issues with the dynatek as of now. I guess I'm a lucky one. It also helped that my damn rev limit was set at 6k, so I don't know if I was actually hitting the rev limit really quickly and not realizing it or what. Live and learn.

DSC_0896.JPG

How do you like the dynatek? I've been really wanting to get one.. I run BRES8's gapped to .018.. but I'm running 30psi, only winding to 7500 though. Plugs checked about once a month, always show a little off white, slight lean burn.

I can't really give a great review as I haven't pushed the car very hard at all. I have had zero issues with it. I got it for half off and went with it.

So you're on 7's or 8's now? I'm confused by your post.

I swore by the old faithful copper cores for decades. Amidst some ignition issues of my own, I was prompted to swap to Iridium plugs. I did, and now I'm not sure I'll ever go back to the copper cores. E85, 35psi peak boost, BR8EIX plugs gapped at .028" on the ARC-2 and the car gives no f***s. Idles like stock too.

So you're on 7's or 8's now? I'm confused by your post.

I swore by the old faithful copper cores for decades. Amidst some ignition issues of my own, I was prompted to swap to Iridium plugs. I did, and now I'm not sure I'll ever go back to the copper cores. E85, 35psi peak boost, BR8EIX plugs gapped at .028" on the ARC-2 and the car gives no f***s. Idles like stock too.
This is interesting. Ive always sworn by the copper plugs as well. Never had ignition problems on a dsm though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back