The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g auto output shaft came out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
So I have been chasing a few leaks and removed the transfer case in the process. While doing so the output shaft pulles out a bit enough to allow some fluid to come out. The output shaft is still in the trans but doesnt the output shaft get held in by a small ball? My diff is welded if that matters?

For those curious, if you weld the diff the viscous coupler isnt in the transmission to hold the shaft in. You have to get creative when pulling the transfer case to keep your fluid in the trans

For those curious, if you weld the diff the viscous coupler isnt in the transmission to hold the shaft in. You have to get creative when pulling the transfer case to keep your fluid in the trans
Since I just closed the garage For the night/day Ill give you guys a synopsis of the night I had. So first off was the leak.... when I pulled the motor for the auto swap i pulled the oil pan to check the bearings. In the process I decided to redo the seal on the ofh because it would seap occasionaly And it was bothering me. So fast forward to today. Ive been having a mild to moderate leak underneath my car but it would only start when the car was driving. So my first thought is oil pan. This is why I pulled the transfer case in the first place. What it ended up being was the stupid balance shaft bolt hole in the rear of the block. I must of removed it when I pulled the engine. Talk about stupid. The other stupid ass thing I did was to forgot to plug my ignition in. The car was running strictly on cop which I have to say is complete f***ing garbage without the cdi. In summary the leak is gone, the car is back together and scares the complete shit outta me.

Well good LOL but the shaft on an auto is held in by a c clip not a ball like on a manual.
I hate the first few days after getting the car running. You get to deal with all the bullshit you forgot while assembling the car. This time it was tightening the oil cooler fitting, this plug and some wiring nonsense. No to bAd if you as me. The oil cooler sucked really.... really bad

That's ok I had an oil line blow off and make a massive mess. Radiator and cooler are still dripping off 2 months later. Luckily I was just working on idle bs and revved it a few times then it popped. I shut it off without any damage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back