The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1g 60mm throttle body help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
Couple of questions i dont know to well. I have 1g 60mm n/t throttle body. My questions are the by pass plate i can get that dont block all FIAV off will this still help with starting in cold.

Other question is were can i get a rebiuld kit for this body? Haven't found it? Also were is a good place to get a block off plate for n/t ? I have been looking but everything is 1g turbo or 2g non turbo or 2g turbo? Help will be great. Thanks

The 1g non-turbo and turbo throttle bodies are exactly the same, with 1 exception, the turbo has an elbow that connects to the intercooler piping, the non-turbo has a pipe-outlet instead. So you can buy a "turbo" fiav block-off plate, or take your chance doing this:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/free-fiav-block.391977/

Most people will try to turn the black thing in there, just to break the plastic on it. If you're lucky, it'll turn and you can close it all the way, hence the free block off.

The block off plates are the same for the 2g turbo and 1g turbo and NT. There are 2 types of block off plates, ones that block just the fiav and ones that block the fiav and isc. You can use a turbo rebuild kit for the 1g NT TB.

Ok so i can get this kit. 381037021209. Just put it in google search bar.

And i did a heater deleate on my 2g but using this throttle body and i read i would be better getting a by pass then a whole block off?

Heres my throttle body.

Attachments

• IMG_20141109_123327.jpg
    IMG_20141109_123327.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20141109_123347.jpg
    IMG_20141109_123347.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 197
That kit would work except that inner gasket is for a 2g TB not a 1g and you don't need an outer TB gasket since the NT TB doesn't use an elbow. You could get everything you need separately form one of the vendors like STM. You need: turbo shaft seals biss screw , biss screw o-ring, FIAV seal, and a 1g TB to intake gasket.

You don't want to do the whole block off plate then you would not have an ISC and your ECU wouldn't be able to control the IDLE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back