The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1997 Eclipse Spyder PART OUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_CRX

Probationary Member
Oct 1, 2010
Columbia, South_Carolina
Well first off this is my first post on this forum, I'm not a Mitsubishi person, nor do I really like the car, I'm just trying to part out my girl's car so she can go and buy a car to drive around in.

Name: John
Location: Sumter, SC (hour from Columbia, 90 mins away from Charleston)

Price: $2000 OBO takes the whole thing title in hand.

The bad: Something is wrong with the transmission, first gear and park works like it always has, but second is very weak/not there, and there is no reverse. I don't have the knowledge nor facilities to remove and rebuild an automatic transmission. There is also something up in the front suspension, ball joints and tie rods, possibly, never really looked to diagnose it. There are a few wiring gremlins that were left in the car from when the previous owner had an alarm/remote start/keyless entry system installed. Leaks around the A-pillar. Antenna motor gear is stripped, I disassembled it so it stays up all the time. One of the tires was slashed when it was sitting at the school overnight.

The good: The A/C blows super cold and the power steering works great. The top works flawlessly and looks great, we also have the tonneau cover for the top, as well. The engine was recently gone over, with the valve seals redone and head cleaned, resealed the engine, replaced the entire cooling system, minus the radiator, replaced the starter and alternator. It has a new fuel filter and pump, the interior is in great shape for it being leather, no rips, just the normal creases. BNIB "Spyder" decal in the glove box.

I'm just gauging how much stuff goes for, for these cars, as I have no idea.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I wanted to see how much you were willign to get rid of the power steering pump and the pulley for your 97 GST and if it wil match my 1998 eagle talon 420a.

still partinging out? I'm interested in the convertible top

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back