The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 Eagle Talon Sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This video illustrates how to plug any open hole using an NPT plug and a few tools.

I had to block the coolant passage in the lower thermostat housing and this was the outcome. You could also use a Non-turbo thermostat housing but that would have been no fun!!! :p

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post them below. Otherwise, I hope that you enjoy and Happy Boosting.

Please use the "RATE THREAD" button in the right hand corner at the top of this thread.

Robert

Last edited:
Very thorough! Keep them coming.

This is a few passes that I made at the end of last year. I was trying to get some more seat time and see if I could fix my horrible 60' plus I got a Go Pro and I needed to use it.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism feel free to post them below! For more information and breakdown of the passes, please see the description of the video. :)

Please use the "RATE THREAD" button in the right hand corner at the top of this thread.

Last edited:
holy build thread batman. LOL. Very nice build. cudos to you sir

Thank you for the compliment. I only hope to help others on this site as it has helped me. Glad that you enjoyed it and there is much more to come :thumb:

Robert

Well good afternoon fellow tuners,

Today we have an educational bit on why my launch sucks so bad!!! Thats right, I do not totally suck at driving (just partially) and let me show you why.

I will try my best to keep this blog updated with the most current videos but if you would like to keep up hit the Subscribe button there on Youtube.

Other than that I hope that you enjoy the video and share any constructive criticism that you might have. It would be much appreciated. For more information and breakdown of the passes, please see the description of the video. :)

Robert

Last edited:
Look at the camber change on that front wheel during launch. It's no wonder it smoked. It looks like 3° of positive camber by the time you lifted that tire (based off the angle of the horizon). Because you did... that was full-travel. You got a full-squat and spun the fronts from lack of dampening. Well, that and at least 400whp.

I can't wait to see what this does with new struts and rear springs. ...aaaand there's your segue. :p

You had to use a word that I had to google!!!! Smooth transition, anyway, I can not wait either and hopefully it will be very soon...... for the both of us.

Robert

12 October 2012 was not full of Solo passes, so here is the rest of the fun from that night.

I will try my best to keep this blog updated with the most current videos but if you would like to keep up hit the Subscribe button there on Youtube.

Other than that I hope that you enjoy the video and share any constructive criticism that you might have. It would be much appreciated. For more information and breakdown of the passes, please see the description of the video.

Robert

Last edited:
Amazing build man, just spent 2 hours reading through it all. Gotta ask tho where in the heck did you find bushings for the rear sub frame? I checked energy suspension and a couple of the dealer outlets and couldn't find one for the rear.

Amazing build man, just spent 2 hours reading through it all. Gotta ask tho where in the heck did you find bushings for the rear sub frame? I checked energy suspension and a couple of the dealer outlets and couldn't find one for the rear.

The link in post #88 above is the exact same bushings I ordered. For future reference, the name of the member is Boostx and he has sets of the bushings made. He offered great customer service to me and I would recommend him if you are looking for a set.

Thanks for the compliment on the build. Looking back at the first post, I never thought it would come so far but yet I feel as though it has only just begun! :DLOL I am glad that you enjoyed the build and hopefully found something useful.

Robert

Now its time to try and fix those horrible 60'!!!!

Other than that I hope that you enjoy the video and share any constructive criticism that you might have. It would be much appreciated. For more information and breakdown of the job, please see the description of the video.

Robert

Last edited:

Thanks for the link Lowell I never would have thought to check the classifieds.

@Robertbaxley03- Let me put it this way, if I hadn't of found your build and watched your video's I wouldn't be doing my suspension bushings and also wouldn't know a good couple other things to. I found your drive shaft rebuild video very helpfully as well. I'm just hoping I can get going on my undercoating project right away so I can re install my sub-frame and other miscellaneous missing parts haha. I know exactly what you mean by looking back on old posts, I'm still a good ways off from my goal but now that I have a welder I'm sure I'll be on my way soon!
Thanks for being awesome!

I am really glad that you where able to use the information in this thread to help with your project. If each post is only able to help one person, it has served its purpose and is well worth the time.

The driveshaft and sub-frame bushing video is actually a production of Jafromobile. I was just getting into the production of videos at this time so he filmed and "learned" me how to make a quality video while I provided the parts and research to complete the tasks. I think of it as an internship. :D

Again, I am glad that this has helped you. Take all the time you need with the undercoating and the rest of assembly. You want to feel accomplished every time you look under there once it is finished. :thumb:

Robert

Good Afternoon,

I am editing another video for your enjoyment but I need a few photos to finish it up. I am looking for pictures of a Meth injection kit installed and/or fresh out of the box. I am also in need of some intercooler pictures both side mount and FMIC installed and/or out of the box.

Since I will be using these pictures in a video, I will need the rights to use your pictures to follow the rules of Youtube. Please PM me if you have any photos that you are willing to let me use. Please help me so that I can once again help the community with another video. Thank you for your time.

Robert

This was just an informational video that I put together. This information was very useful during my build so I thought I would share it here. One thing to note is that the math to figure out wheel horsepower is wrong but has been corrected in the description of the video on youtube.

Other than that I hope that you enjoy the video and share any constructive criticism that you might have. It would be much appreciated. For more information, please see the description of the video and comments on youtube.

Robert

Last edited:
How far did you get the ball joint boot to seat? I tried to get it to seat all the way to the C clip and destroyed the boot in the process with multiple methods. Any insight in this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Great thread, I can't tell you how helpful this has been to me. I could not build my car without people like you. Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

To install the rubber boots, I used a socket that was large enough to only contact the metal ring. This allowed me to push the boot flush wih the retaining clip.

I am glad this helped you during your build and thanks for the compliments.

Robert

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back