The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

19" Rim's on my 2G (235/35R19)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^@infinitegsx ya 19's would probably rub but I'd be willing to try them. Note I don't have my 1g no where low as I can set it. If I could get my exact rim or similar style in 19" I would give it a fit test. Btw I am running a rear 1" spacer too :D It pokes the rears out just enough to make them flush with the well.

Unless your running real coil overs, I doubt 19's will ever touch a 1g.

Sure it hurts performance... it doesn't when some vehicles perform on this.

Nissan GTR's are AWD cars with oem 20inch wheels.

Performance oriented? Nah, try personal opinion and taste bigger the wheels get the more expensive the tread, I'm pretty sure most of this site don't want to put such things on a DSM much to costly for a poor dsmer.

Not sad, just personal opinion.

Also, you cannot just ''think up'' tire sizes for example a 225 from Michelin will be wider and beefier than a 225 from Federal Tire. Look up specifications they provide all of this on their website.

Fact.

19s way too much 18s tops for cant see a reason for going that big especially since my car will have diffferent suspension.

to the original OP

for fitment thought process...you gain an extra 4mm of clearance by going to +38 offset. A 235 tire is 9.25 wide and 205 is 8.04 wide. Going to 235/35-19 you increase diameter by 0.4"

What you want to look at is 9.25/2 = 4.625" and 8.04/2= 4.02"
so the width increase is 0.605" towards the control arm. 0.605" is 15.38mm
and (15.38-4)mm is 11.38mm increase towards the control arm

Now its time to measure your car with the stock wheels, can you go inward 11.38mm and up 5.1mm without hitting the control arm and having a few mm clearance? :thumb:

Chris

Thanks for this valuable information

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back