The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

10.7@128 First Time Out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomdeeze

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Independence, Minnesota
Finally got to test the new setup and it was amazing! The track techs at BIR were not too happy about my accomplishments and I continued to get challenged on how big my turbo was(People were reporting that I had too large of a turbo to be in stock appearing class) but I had a great time. With a little more seat time and a possible brake upgrade, I will be able to cut that reaction time since I won't need to sit on the converter for so long.

The setup is in my profile but the quick low down is:

Built 6 bolt 8.5 comp
264s
Sinister Converter (8c2)
E85
Evo 3 IM
FP EM
DSM 76HTA
Hankook Evo 2 Tires

I have a video of a 10.8 pass I did that I am trying to get uploaded and will update this first post with a link when I get it working! For the time being, here is the time slip!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I got the video uploaded!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Well done...love to see that video-incredible 60ft time :)
What was your peak timing at if I may ask?
Also any idea what your lb/min are?
Awesome job and looking forward to reading more about your incredible build!

Thanks guys! The cars weighs 3360 with me in it and both passes were done on Hankook Evo 2 street tires. I was running 37psi but not sure what the lbs/min is. The car made 443 awhp on a dyno dynamics in May.

Car looks sick man!!

What rpm did you go through the trap in?

I have the same converter for a 2.3/6264...I hope it will be good for 140-145mph at 8500

Car looks sick man!!

What rpm did you go through the trap in?

I have the same converter for a 2.3/6264...I hope it will be good for 140-145mph at 8500

I am near the 8200-8500 at the 1/4 mark depending on fluid temp, I would go with some 26" tires to help get that speed up. I am considering some QTP 26" to help the top end.

That's a ridiculous 60' on street tires. I'd think you're over ~440hp with that trap speed, too...

Did you tweak/raise the suspension in the rear to help with the launch? That's a pretty good rake you've got going on there ROFL

That's a ridiculous 60' on street tires. I'd think you're over ~440hp with that trap speed, too...

Did you tweak/raise the suspension in the rear to help with the launch? That's a pretty good rake you've got going on there ROFL

I did raise the rear end to compensate for the launch, I also prefer the look! Not sure if it is helping at all but it could be!

Very good indeed. Techincally speaking Green XL and 76hta should flow about the same right? Is green XL efficient enough at 29-32lbs?

I'm only following the rules! The stock appearing class allows up to a 61.5mm turbo. I have actually been debating upgrading the 54mm 76HTA to the 59mm 82mm HTA and staying in the stock appearing class.

I'm running a similar turbo, similar trap speeds, but in the 11s. This kinda makes me want an automagic. LOL!!

Nicely done. :)

Great times! How long does it take to get on the converter? I had a similar turbo set up, but on a PTE restall, and wasn't able to even come close to launching.

It takes about 4/5 seconds to get up on the converter. I am adding an ARC 2 ignition to control the launch limiter and tweaking the tune a bit, I will see if I can get it to a consistent 3 seconds.

It takes about 4/5 seconds to get up on the converter. I am adding an ARC 2 ignition to control the launch limiter and tweaking the tune a bit, I will see if I can get it to a consistent 3 seconds.

This is a similar setup to what Deric dupey used to run. I believe he went as fast as 9.80’s with it...

I currently have the 3052 so I will upgrade soon enough...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back