The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How much HP from the 50 trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droptopgst

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2002
Myrtle Beach, South_Carolina
Whats the most Hp/Tq anyone here has seen the common otc 50 trim lay down either in person or have personally done. Dont really care about your best friends neighbors uncle's son who knows this guy stuff, lets keep this to what we have seen with our own eyes.

i have a frined that had a 50 trim on his 1g talon awd and he ran it to about 370whp not sure of tq #'s but now he runs like a 76 trim and like +900hp

CanadianTSi said:
With my own eyes would be high 11's and 119 mph traps in my friends full weight 2g on 18's.
Sounds pretty solid. I'm anticipating good things from my GS-T at the track now. :D

From first-hand experience riding shotgun in my GS-T [with previous owner driving], we pulled at least 4 carlengths on a modded Evo 8 MR on the freeway, upwards a buck-forty. I know, not credible in the slightest, I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw in.

I guess I should ask about numbers then ... 50-trim doesn't say a lot. I mean, a good buddy of mine has a 60-trim Garrett GT28 on his 240SX, and it's smaller than the 50-trim on my DSM. Now, as hypocritical as this sounds, I know nothing about my turbo, other than its a Garrett 50-trim ETE 20. I just bought my GS-T though, so I claim stupidity. I'm a Nissan/Mazda guy. ROFL

should be good for 350-450hp on most 50trims. You need all the supporting mods to achieve the full potential of the turbo though. Can't wait to get one myself :thumb:

I :D just made 402 to the wheels on pump gas on my 50 trim. After meth injection I plan to see 450-475ish. My very close friend made 450whp on pump on his fp green back in the day. I beleive teh fp3052 is a 50 trim and super95awd just made 513 or something on that. The 50 trim is a great turbo and has huge potential if you are willing to up the boost to some big numbers and spend some time on tuning.

98eclipseRS said:
I :D just made 402 to the wheels on pump gas on my 50 trim. After meth injection I plan to see 450-475ish. My very close friend made 450whp on pump on his fp green back in the day. I beleive teh fp3052 is a 50 trim and super95awd just made 513 or something on that. The 50 trim is a great turbo and has huge potential if you are willing to up the boost to some big numbers and spend some time on tuning.

DAM thats what I like to see, #'s like that. I got his 50 trim a little while ago and have not had the headgasket/studs and Tranny to do so yet. I will by the end of next week. I read all these people who are only hitting 300hp with this turbo and it makes me wonder if I chose the wrong one since I hit that with my 18g. I see hp,tq, and track times like posted on this thread and I see that I have chosen the right one.

Keep em coming!

I would dare say I'm at 350-370hp - that's according to the ever-so-calibrated butt-dyno. LOL

Can't wait to put my girl on the dyno and bust out some mad numbers on 91 octane water.

-Dave-O :dsm:

dre holds the record for the 50trim with 500whp on pump, but that was really pushing it out of it's efficiency range. Also the fp3052 is not a 50trim, it's a gt3076r 52-53lb ball bearing turbo.

Hi, I just bought my 50trim Setup.
..got Bullseye TO4E 50trim,60A/R comp
I hope got "50trim" you are talking about..

My engine and head are pretty stock..got only bolt on´s
In my country is standard 95 Octane fuell...
for drag race wanna get 100+Octane..
Most of time wanna run only 10PSI of boost@95octane ..for Drag race 22-30 @100+octane..read down this tgread stock engine can hold:rocks:
Iam building my car special for Drag race,but it is daily driver..(driving 2days per week...)

My mods:
Bulseye TO4e 50trim-49lb/min
3" GM Maf with Translator(blowing threw:) )
FIC850cc ball/disc style
Walbro 255lph
Aeromotive FPR,SS return lines-SBR
2G Datalogger(palm)
ordered chip from Jeff O.Stage III

HKS SSQ BOV
31*12*3 FMIC
3" IC pipes
3"intake 3"KaN
ordered Cometic head gasket and ARP´s --wanna run safety 30PSI of boost... if my engine will hold...

then custom 3" whole exhaust with custom 3"O2housing
UPC tubular mani
Fidanza FLW,
SBR3500clutch kit
and some goodies..

I hope to make around 400AWHP on my awd..and beat 12Sec@mile
my driver skill...not so bad..think need practice.....
what you guys think...????:confused: possible..

The previous owner of my car got the car dyno'd a month before I bought it and it dyno'd at 440awhp @ 24psi.(just started knock) I will post the dyno sheet asap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back