The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Forced performance fp3065 & fp3575 turbo review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well as I have had both the fp3065 turbo and the fp3575 turbo (current turbo) I might as well write a review on both of these amazing turbos.

~FP3065 BB turbo~
pic
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This turbo is a work of art, the exhaust housing is nice SS piece and is very light compared to a stock housing or a 7cm-8cm housing. After about 10,000 miles driving on this turbo the exhaust housing has not discolored, cracked, or faded in any form.
Now don't let the look of the size fool you, you would be amazed on how much more the exhaust housing flow over any other housing out there, the throat is HUGE, and flows like none other. I have been running on these turbos through a 3" turbo back exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and a 2.5" o2 housing with no flowing problems at all.
You have a few options as far as "bling", you can have both the exhaust housing and compressor housing polished for a little charge, or as what I did was just had the compressor housing polished.
This turbo consit of a gt30 exhaust wheel and a gt40 compressor wheel 65lb/min

~INSTALL~
Install on this turbo was a breeze, the nicely done v-band clamps make things allot easier and cleaner looking, the wastegate they provide for this turbo is a 44mm tial wastegate that is mounted right on the exhaust housing via v-band clamp. I purchased the 2.5" o2 housing from FP as it as well is a very nice piece, the welds look like a robot did it, they are that clean. The o2 housing is also v-band clamps as well, so no more having to fight the angle of the downpipe to the o2 housing, just loosin up the v-band on the o2 housing and swivel it back and forth the mate with the downpipe, this o2 housing was built to fit and stock style down pipe.
The compressor housing is a very nice anti surge compressor housing.
This turbo is both water cooled and oil cooled, now being a BB turbo you will need to feed the oil line to the turbo from the head (stock location) Included in there oil feed line kit for the turbo is a banjo bolt that is allready restricted for the oil line provided by FP, I highly recommend buying there "blue tube oil return line" as it is a very nice piece as well. Water pipe clearance far from hitting the water pipe, so no denting of any kind. The turbo just looks mean as hell in the car. Basically this turbo bolts on just like your normally 14b-16g turbo would, straight and direct, yes you might have to move you oil dip stick tube alittle bit, but no biggie.
As far as the stock fan, I guess you could get away with trimming the stock fan down to clear the outlet of the turbo, but I allready had a slim fan in the car, so it made things easier for me.

~PERFORMANCE~

Spool up on this turbo is unreal, the damn thing hits like a 16g turbo, it hits extremely hard and ends up breaking all 4 tires loose from a roll. Full boost on this turbo is right under 4600rpm (30lbs 3rd gear) This turbo can be ran as low as 10lbs of boost with not one singal sign of the dreadfull boost creep. The turbo makes tons of power no matter what boost level you are at, most of the time on the street I kept it right about 19-21lbs of boost, that was plenty on the street as 1st gear would just smoke the tires like the 4th of july.
The response time of this turbo is unreal, when you shift, the boost is right there for ya, no waiting for it to spool again.
The sound is what I loved the most about this turbo, it screams being BB, just an unbelievable sound from it. Shut the car off and watch the turbo spin for another minute or 2, unreal.

~1/4mile #'s~
well I have ran this turbo plenty of times at the track, my car is a 2.0L motor with tons of mods, but I will list what the car has done boost level wise.

25lbs of boost------11.2 @128mph
27lbs of boost------10.9 @130mph
30lbs of boost------10.85 @132mph

People allways ask me "is that turbo streetable" YES!! in every witch way, I loved it, but as the blood in my body begged for more I wanted something bigger. so on to the 3575 turbo.

~fp3575 turbo non bb~

pic

Well, this turbo looks just damn near to the 3065 turbo, the compressor housing is different with no anti surge housing. This turbo consit of a t67 compressor wheel with a gt37 exhaust wheel and the turbo flows 75lb/min

~install~
The install was pretty close to the 3065 turbo except 2 things, 1 this turbo is oil oil cooled only and has to be fed by the filter housing as it is a t4 center section, you need to flood the center section of this turbo.
2 the oil return line flange is different then the 3065 turbo, it is larger and has alittle clearing issue with the front motor mount, all I did was grind down on the side of the motor mount and it cleared just fine. I used my 2.5" o2 housing again as well as my 44mm tial wastegate.

~performance~
Spool up time on this turbo is right under 5000rpm, I get 30lbs by 4950rpm logged by my AEM EMS in 3rd gear, this turbo as well hits harder then hell, when it comes on hang on, it hits hard and strong, I break all 4 tires loose in 2nd gear from a roll. Just an unreal feeling. The top end on this turbo is nuts, it pulls all the way to 9500rpm on my car, never stops pulling. Mind you I am still on a full 3" exhaust with a 2.5" o2 housing from FP, I have had no reason to pull the exhaust off at all, the car just makes insane power.
You can run this turbo as low as 13lbs with no creep at all, I am sure you could run lower, but why? This is the big dog of the fp 30 generation. Best turbo I bought to date.

~1/4mile times~
WOW thats all I have to say.
25lbs of boost------11.0 @134mph (no traction)
27lbs of boost------10.8 @136mph (no traction again
32lbs of boost------10.66 @138.99mph (best time to date)
This turbo really wakes up after 30lbs of boost.

If you want to know more about my car and the mods then just check out my profile and search for my winning results I have had this past year of 2005. Full street driven car.

I will edit this review as I get more progress with this turbo. Forced performance's customer service is awesome, hands down to them, Bryan the builder of these turbos is a great guy and will give very good advice, Amber is very nice to talk to and will go out of her way to help you, Robert Young is one of the coolest guys I have ever talked to, and Scott Evans is the funniest guy I have chatted with, all of these guys are top notch in my book, they return phone calls very quickly with there very busy schedule, they are here for us, not themselfs and they will do anything to help anyone out. Great guys!!!

Here is a link to FP
http://forcedperformance.net

Hope you guys enjoyed the review, now my fingers are tired LOL.

~UPDATE~
I had a couple of people email me asking me if any one of these turbos had any compressor surge, I have tested both turbos in 4th gear at 2000rpm at WOT without a singal bit of compressor surge, just a nice clean spool then full boost.

People allso have been asking me about pump gas vs race gas. well, I am on AEM EMS so it is alot easier to tune for me on both fuels. pump I will do my best.

~pump gas impressions~
Currently I am running 22-23lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas, the car pulls extremely hard on the street with no hickups at all, my knock volts on the AEM EMS does not go any higher then 2.1v at the most. By judging the way the car feals on pump gas I would expect to see mid 11's at well over 120mph, I would imagine 125-127mph on pump gas and at only 22lbs of boost.

~Race gas impressions~
well my ET times above explain everything about c16, not much to talk about here as I run race gas at the track and not on a daily basis.

I would allso like to add to this artical about the 4" alluminum intake by forced performance, it is a very nice casting peice from them and fit damn near perfect, for the money you pay for the intake you get much more, it is a very affordable intake at just under $70.00 and worth every penny. I highly recomend getting this intake with either of these great turbos from FP, the intake has a very nice FP logo stamped right on the side of the intake giving it a very nice look.

The other thing people have asked me as well was how well the turbo holds boost, well if my aem 3.5 bar map is lying to me, then it holds every last little bit to 9500rpm on my car, I have seen both turbos over 30lbs of boost and held rock solid to 9500rpm without a singal drop of boost or spike.

Now I would like to explain to people that these turbos are not exactly cheap, but they are worth every penny, in fact I would pay more for these turbos, you get what you pay for. Yes there are other turbos out there that are cheaper, but they do not compare anywhere near these turbos. Best money I could have ever spent on my car and I have been into DSM's for over 13years now. Alot of people spend waaaay too much money on turbos trying to find the right one, I have seen people go through 4-5 turbos in one year trying to find the right one, in the end they spend more money then you would on one of these bad boys.
Like the old saying, "do it right the 1st time" I sold this turbo to a buddy of mine in washington to upgrade to the 3575 turbo and he has owned plenty of other turbos and was never happy with them, when he got mine that I sold him (3065) he put it on and could not settle down for a few days after fealing how the turbo spools, the power, and the sound of it. That right there is priceless.

Next season I pretty confident that I will hit 9.99 et's and over 140mph, since I ran the 10.66 @139mph on stock tranny with open diff, 17" toyo 215/45/17 proxes tires.
I have made a few adjuments to the car and I am able to get 34lbs of boost now as my old boost controller would not allow me to do so. Next season on Hoosier QTP slicks, new suspention, and alittle more goodies I should be able to hit my goal on this turbo, all still on a ported 95 exhaust manifold, the outlet of the manifold is ported, the runners are BONE STOCK!!! That just goes to show you how well this turbo breaths.

UPDATE!
Got some dyno #'s with the 3575 turbo
pump gas 93 octane 20psi 477whp 373wtq
dyno graph for pump gas http://www.dsmtalk.com/gallery/data/500/evil_eagle_dyno_shhet0001.jpg

vp c16 race fuel 31psi 604whp 482wtq
dyno graph for vpc16 + 31lbs http://www.dsmtalk.com/gallery/data/500/evil_eagle_dyno_shhet0002.jpg

vp c16 race fuel 31psi + 50 shot of nitrous 692whp 567wtq. You can see in this graph on one of the runs I had it tooo rich, it rich sputtered up top hense the nasty looking curve on on the runs above 8000rpm
dyno graph for vpc16 +31psi+50 shot nitrous http://www.dsmtalk.com/gallery/data/500/evil_eagle_dyno_shhet0003.jpg

-Jake Montgomery

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back