The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Identifing EPROM ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go open that fugga up. Theres a tutorial on how to remove the ecu in you car on www.vfaq.com :thumb:

It will show you a pic with a non eprom and eprom ecu so you can tell.

Edit: crap I just noticed you said 95, I think all 95s are eprom right? :confused:

Not all. I've come across a few that are not EPROM. Like he said, you have to open up the case and look inside.

And once i open it up, how can i tell?

Also within installing a 95 EPROM ECU on my 97 GS-t will their be any problems i will run into or will it work fine?

Last edited by a moderator:
2G ECU - EPROM Check

To check for an EPROM inside your 2G ECU, pull the ECU out and check the sticker on top. The sticker should have a part number on it (e.g., MD309947) with some other numbers and a letter in the lower right hand corner. The image below shows this sticker.

If the letter in the lower right hand corner is an "E", then the ECU most likely has an EPROM. To know for sure, you can follow the same steps as outlined below for the 1G ECU.

A list of valid 2G turbo ECU part numbers follow.

MD312464* MD309947* MD321911 MD321912 MD326328
MD335287 MD346675 MD346676 MD359402 MD359403

The two w/ stars are MOST likely eproms, not guarenteed.

This info should help you out tremendously.

Attachments

• eprom.JPG
    eprom.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • 1g2.JPG
    1g2.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,035
DSMinn0vati0ns said:
Also within installing a 95 EPROM ECU on my 97 GS-t will their be any problems i will run into? or will it work fine?

Nope, it'll run fine.

Real good to know since we are starting to move on to turbo after the 93 and 96 are sold.TY,it is very informative.
Julia :talon:

Quasimondo said:
Nope, it'll run fine.
Not true. You must swap out the #1 and 4, and #2 and 3 plug wires or it won't fire right. See, 95's have a different firing order than any other year of DSM's. And funny, the 95 eprom is the only one you can use in upper model 2g's, so swapping the plug wires are a must.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back