The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

this sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganja Man

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2003
well i was coming home from work and a god damn cat or dog jumps out in front of me, so out of instinct i hit the brakes, and the roads are ice but there just has to be a little dry spot right when i hit the brakes. so i hit that and i get thrown to left right off the road and i hit one of those little metal things that hold up barb wire fences. broke one of my corner lights, scratched the front bumper, and my tire came half way off the rim. think thats all that went wrong. i have full coverage so hopefully my insurance covers that. anyways just thought id share my poor fortune. heres some pics.

Attachments

• p2020014.jpg
    p2020014.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 565
Originally posted by Defiant
Ulgh, that's shit. Glad it wasn't a lot worse. Does American still stock those wheels?

not sure if they do or not, ill check tomorrow when i go to get it fixed. ya im grateful i didnt get hurt.

I have had the same exact damage happen but because I was backing up turning and well nm.

Anyway $558 my ass it's called a junkyard and a new fender!

One last comment. UNLESS IT"S A LARGE DOG OR DEER. HIT THE MOTHER ####ER! DONT SWERV AND RISK WRECKING!

Just my openion. I have hit many a cat, and I love cats because I refused to swerve in a curve above 60mph. Rather kill the cat than the car.;) (Of corse my cars not lowered either)

Sorry to hear it...I'm the other wrecked Laser for the week. :(

PM Jays93GSX on the board about that fender and corner light. ;)

Originally posted by Eclipsed
Call me an ass but when its icy out and an animal gets in my way im not hitting the brakes. Ill slam right into the dog. More damage is done by sliding off the road.

i know what ya mean, it was just the first thing that came to mind was hit the brakes then i was like o shit.

Originally posted by LandowAWD
Sorry to hear it...I'm the other wrecked Laser for the week.

PM Jays93GSX on the board about that fender and corner light.

ya i saw your thread lando, your damage is much worse. ill message jay about those parts. thanks alot.

It may just be me but I think about the poor little boy or girl who would lose their best friend just cause i didnt want a scratch or two on my car...

I'd literally would rather hit a person than hit a person's cat or dog. The deer i hit deserved it, the stupid son of a bi*** stayed in the road till the last second. I didnt slam on the brakes until i hit it, bad reflex's i suppose. If i swerved i would have crashed into the 8 foot ditch where it came from.

*sigh* and a year later, no one is parting out a forest green talon yet :cry:

Originally posted by MyRidzPhucked
It may just be me but I think about the poor little boy or girl who would lose their best friend just cause i didnt want a scratch or two on my car...

I'd literally would rather hit a person than hit a person's cat or dog.

Damn dat! I've put a squirrel, a bird, a cat, a dog AND a rabbits' ass on their shoulders for darting in front of the Talon. Moral of the story: "Next time kids keep your pet in the yard." and "be sure to spay or nueter your pet else I will do it for you."

haha dont get me wrong i've nailed a bunny darting back and fourth in the road at 90 mph with my metro. BOY does that make a loud thump. also hit a cat at those speeds, a couple of squirrls, cant forget frog season.

Dont mean i like doing it, just dont really care in the end either way. at least that way it isnt a hit and run.

Good for you cool guys who rather hit a persons pet animal then try to hit the brakes, just to save your car.... I hope you go up to the family and tell them that you killed their pet ..but hey..at least I didnt scratch my car!! I can assure you that if it happened to my dog and I got that kinda reply or know how it happened....lets just say it wouldnt be a pet under my car!
A car is just a car..it can be fixed..and if it cant..there are new ones to buy.Grow up!!!:thumbdown

Originally posted by EuroGSTSpyder
Good for you cool guys who rather hit a persons pet animal then try to hit the brakes, just to save your car.... I hope you go up to the family and tell them that you killed their pet ..but hey..at least I didnt scratch my car!! I can assure you that if it happened to my dog and I got that kinda reply or know how it happened....lets just say it wouldnt be a pet under my car!
A car is just a car..it can be fixed..and if it cant..there are new ones to buy.Grow up!!!:thumbdown

I made my comment after being in two jeep cherokees that were raised. First one a rabbit jumped out in front of it. He swerved to miss it and almost tipped over. Second, a dog came out, he swerved and almost hit a car and a little kid. On top of almost tipping over.

One time i swerved to miss a rabbit and almost went down into a ditch that is 5 feet deep where there were kids playing around. Im sorry but its been those 3 occasions that have made me never want to swerve out of the way or hit brakes when its icy or rainy out and a dog or rabbit comes out. When I believe it is safe to then I will.

A car may be a car, but when I swerve to miss a dog and hit a kid, that cannot be fixed. :thumbdown

Originally posted by EuroGSTSpyder

What a moronic statement. There's a LOT more involved than just vehicle damage by trying to miss an animal thats darted out into the road. Like for instance the fact that there is a greater chance of losing control and hitting a tree and killing yourself of worst someone else. Just remember that it could be your own ass underneath your OWN car trying trying to avoid hitting a pet. That pet is gonna go right on getting his little a$$ in the street and eventually somebody IS gonna hit him anyway. Thats just like you running across streets at night jogging without reflective cloths or light... eventually somebody's gonna hit you because they didnt see you.

I got to thinking that maybe I've been misunderstood here so here is what "I" practice.
If an animal is in the road and I see him "in time" I WILL slow down and try to avoid hitting him or I will attempt to go around him. BUT, if an animal DARTS out in front of my vehicle hindering my reaction time I will choose to keep control of my vehicle and not risk hitting some innocent bystander or child or tree or even worse put my own life in danger by not hitting the animal in the street. You cant go swerving and surfing all over the road like a moron you have to maintain "control".
That is all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back