The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What Head Gasket should i get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon187

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
torrington, Connecticut
ok my tensior is ticking like you wouldnt believe so im doing my timing belt and ive noticed my head gasket is leaking so i figured id change it while im already that far
so far my intake and exhaust manifolds are off i should have my timing belt off by the end of the week along with the head but i really want to know what head gasket i should go with that can handle boost with out a problem for a decent price any input would be great thanks

This all depends on what your plans and goals for the car are.

An OEM felt syle HG along w/ ARP head bolts is an easy reliable, safe 25+ psi setup.

And unless you don't have a near perfect deck and head surface, then a MLS HG won't seal properlly, thus leaving you to do the job again later.

If you plan on staying 25psi or less then I would recomend an OEM felt HG w/ ARP studs.

These gaskets run about $45 and the ARP's are $90 or so.

Ok well when i take the head off the car im taking it to the meachine shop to have resurfaced when i get it back up and running im going to running stock boost for awhile on my small 13b but i am doing arp head studs no matter what i do with the head gasket i have a 3inch catback right now im going to geting the rest of it 3inch but i was told if i do that without porting the turbo i will ###### have boost creep and i dont want that so when i do that i want to at least but a big 16g or bigger ported and cliped turbo on my car and run at least 20psi would like to go higher with the supporting mods fmic ect, well thanks for the input everyone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back