The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

question on 2g FMIC piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me612

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota
ok i know a few people who have made their own piping for a FMIC, but all the people i know do it for their 1g's. I forget exactly what they buy, but its sumthin like 2 mandrel bent 90degree elbows and 2 mandrel bent 45 degree elbows from RRE or whoever and that's reall all they need. I have a 2g, im wondering if anyone has ever just made their own piping for their 2g. Im lookin at gettin a FMIC sumthin like this, hopefully this exact one cuz that price is wonderful...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=1876091010

and if anyone knows what peices i'd need to be able to make my own piping id appreciate any info. And i already have a UIC pipe so i just need to know how to make it that far because i will still use that uic pipe that i have. I also have a RRE J-pipe that i could probably cut up and modify because ill need that flange to connect it to the turbo. once again any help would be great, i tried searching for about a half hour and didn't find anything, so if this has been asked b4 juss lemme know the link, thanx again

It is definately dependant on what IC you get, if you get an IC with side/side inlet/outlets then you'll need different piping than side/top inlet/outlet. You should talk to the people you know who've made their own piping and see what they think!

whatever intercooler i buy, it is giong to be a side to side one, similar to the one in the picture, hopefully that exact one. Anyone else know anything

hmm.. your going to have to measure the length of the piping your going to need.. im guessing it depends on the fmic you get and where the end tanks are.. base on what your working with then decide the length, diameter, bends, etc of pipes your going to need to mount up with your stock ic pipes.. good luck

does anyone know where a good place to buy mandrel bent piping is besides RRE, i just am all about gettin the best deal i can. thanx for the responces, still hopefully there's sumone here that has already made their own piping for a 2g that can enlighten me, I HOPE!!! thanx again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back