The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Accelerating issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dryppical

Proven Member
Apr 5, 2023
East Helena, Montana
I have finally been able to drive my car and there's this issue where the car feels sluggish.
Kind of hard to explain. You floor it or give it mostly full throttle and you slowly accelerate. Then the car gets up higher in the rpm and you have to let off a little bit or else it will like fall on its face and if you have too much gas its almost like it goes into neutral, but once you do that, it starts moving pretty fast I think.

Then you shift into second and your back to square one again. If you floor it/give mostly full throttle, it will just like fall on its face. It slowly accelerates until a point, then you have to let off a little bit. You have to slowly ease into it. Just feels like it doesn't have the power it should.

I did some logs, I don't really know how to use DSMLink yet or what I'm even looking at. Maybe these will help and if you guys need a log under different conditions or something, I'll go do one. I've just never had the chance to actually use DSMLink.

My car drives fine under normal conditions if you're not giving it the gas. The car idles and runs good, at least I think it does. I have done a boost leak test and it holds 20 psi no problem. Takes like 3 minutes to bleed it all off. I fixed the few small leaks it had. I set my AFPR to 43 psi by turning the pump on with DSMLink. New fuel filter and fresh 91 in the tank. I also ran some Seafoam through it to clean the injectors a bit. All fresh fluid and filters including transmission.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• log.2024.03.26-02.elg
    86 KB · Views: 15
  • log.2024.03.27-03.elg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
  • log.2024.03.27-04.elg
    81.2 KB · Views: 12
  • log.2024.03.27-06.elg
    27 KB · Views: 12
I can't figure out what you're trying to do with the way you have configured DSMLink.

Lets start with a current Mod list and while you're at it fix your TPS. The IPS isn't switching when the throttle is closed and the lack of adjustment isn't helping the TPS voltage any.

You don't list any upgraded injectors or changes to the 2G MAF yet you're adding fuel, clamping the airflow, and cutting the timing.

Let us know what's really in the car and if it's stock but for what you listed in your profile you might want to start from scratch with the DSMLink settings.

I’m sorry, I bought the ecu from someone local. I got 2 files from ecm link website and tried to reset some stuff back to stock with it. I don’t know if it worked or not. I haven’t messed with dsmlink settings at all since I got it besides that. May you point me in the right direction to getting this ecu back to stock?

Should I follow this write up you did about tps adjustment to fix mine?

Has a stock Maf and stock injectors
Current mod list:
Fmic, 2.5” intercooler piping, greddy bov, 16g turbo, k&n air filter, 3” stm tuned downpipe, 3”hks exhaust, AEM wideband, dsmlink, afpr, boost gauge.
I believe that is all.

Great. Make sure that your BOV is recirculated as well. Everything else is pretty much stock.
You'll need to completely reset the ECU and then add back in the settings for the AEM wideband assuming it's connected to the ECU.

Be careful with getting into boost until you get some larger injectors. The 450s will be maxed out at anything over say 12-14psi.

I really appreciate your help Steve. My bov is recirculated. I hard reset the ecu and had to change some settings like global deadtime and the other one to 0 as it was 57 and like 325 off hard reset. I also had to change maf type as previous owner had speed density. I feel the car runs even better and now it doesn't want to die when you first start it up cold. I would have to give it some throttle for the first minute or two and then it would idle fine. I did 2 logs and it definitely feels like it pulls a lot harder. I still need to mess with the tps a little bit but its a start. Once again, I really appreciate it

Attachments

• log.2024.03.28-11.elg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • log.2024.03.28-12.elg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9
There is more to be reset. All the Direct maps should be (there are three that are bolded meaning they have been changed).

You're fuel sliders should be zeroed.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

With a 95 ECU in a 97 car I believe you need to to select Use non-95/96 style cam angle sensor and unselect Disable airflow smoothing w/SD operation.

Do you really have a Omni 4 bar MAP sensor installed?

Whoops, sorry Steve. I did a hard reset and thought that would be it for factory settings. I will get right on that tomorrow! I will change those settings like you said. No I do not. I have the stock maf. Must not have hit save to ecu on that page when I changed it. It was on that setting after I factory reset it. I really do appreciate you taking the time to look through my settings and help me. Thanks so much

Another question Steve. I was looking through the direct access part of the log and should any of these sliders be set to 0 as well?

Only the ones that are bold are changed on the DA maps. The black forward/back arrow next to the red X allows you to switch between the stock settings and current to see the differences.

These might help a bit.

Your current MAF Comp tab looks like the default one, the key is that by default it's disabled.

I can't thank you enough Steve! I changed those settings and I'll tell you what. The car runs so much better and really took off. I wasn't even at full throttle either. It's fast for me at least. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me get this sorted out.

Attachments

• log.2024.03.29-02.elg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back